Random Acts of Kindness
Lindsay would have turned 39 this year. In honor of her 39th birthday, here are 39 Pay It Forward Day ideas:
1. Donate dog or cat food, toys, and/or blankets to your local animal shelter.
2. Pay for someone's coffee.
3. Leave someone a note about how awesome they are. Download the Pay It Forward LVZ kindness notes.
4. Mow a senior citizen's yard.
5. Call a school and cover all the late lunch fees.
6. Donate your money or time to a children's hospital.
7. Pick up trash from the beach, park, etc.
8. Donate clothes, furniture, or household goods to a charity thrift store.
9. Sign up to mentor a child.
10. Adopt an animal from your local shelter or humane society.
11. Run an errand for someone.
12. Donate blood.
13. Sign up to be a bone marrow donor at www.bethematch.org.
14. Give out compliments on day to everyone you see.
15. Leave a big tip.
16. Send a gratitude email to a coworker who deserves more recognition.
17. If you know a parent who needs a break, offer to babysit.
18. Help a friend with a house project.
19. Deliver a meal to someone who is sick or recovering from an illness or injury.
20. Take dogs at a local shelter on a walk.
21. Fill up someone's gas tank.
22. Organize a food collection drive for a local shelter or food bank.
23. Take flowers to the cemetery for someone else's loved one.
24. Call a friend or relative that you haven't spoken to in a long time and let them know how much you love them.
25. Create care packages for soldiers.
26. Offer to do pro bono work on a project where your skills are needed.
27. Write a positive review for a local business you love.
28. Order lunch for a co-worker who has been stuck in meetings all day.
29. Let someone check out before you at the grocery store. Pay for their groceries if you have the means.
30. Add change to an expired meter.
31. Make a donation to your favorite charity.
32. Utilize social media to promote an organization, a project, a cause, or a friend.
33. Give words of encouragement to someone about their dreams, no matter how big or small they are.
34. Pass on your copy of a good book for someone else to read.
35. Send a note of encouragement to a teacher. Download the Pay It Forward LVZ Kindness Notes for Kids.
36. Smile at everyone!
37. Donate to a local organization providing COVID-19 relief to the community.
38. Write a letter to someone staying in a long-term care facility.
39. Give someone flowers to brighten their day.